Lavender is one of the most easily recognized and used in the essential oil family and it has been around for centuries. It has a refreshing aroma and is very relaxing when used in the diffuser. It brings deep relaxation and encourages compassion and gentleness in a world where stress is so prevalent. It is also a healing oil that helps reduce anxiety and is often used for insomnia. It is also just a pleasure to use on the skin and in lotions.Lavender is especially helpful for respiratory ailments including colds and flu. It can help breathing and open the lungs and sinuses.
- Apply several drops of lavender essential oil to the chest and back for fast relief.
For aches and pains
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops black pepper essential oil
If using for massage use 4 teaspoons of carrier oil
For use in the diffuser to relieve congestion and help with sleep
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops chamomile essential oil
- 4 drops cedar wood essential oil