OK, I know the recipes on this site are usually based on essential oils or herbs but I thought you might be interested in a recipe for dog treats. I have been reading many articles lately about the safety of dog treats and decided instead of searching through bags of treats at the grocery I would just make some. So here is the recipe I used that is safe for the dogs.
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour (substitute regular flour or oats if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 tsp. salt (or less)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Beef or chicken Bouillon granules (can substitute beef or chicken broth/stock)
- ½ cup hot water
- Optional: Add bacon or chicken broth, eggs, oats, liver powder, wheat germ, shredded cheese, bacon bits, to (your dog’s) taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll dough until ½ inch thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes (you can purchase a bone shaped cookie cutter
You can order the cookie cutter from the amazon link below. I also linked the dog treat WIfi as I think itis hilarious. You can provide dog treats to your favorite pet when you are not home and see their reaction on the camera. A little pricey but a great product for your pet. I love the look on the dogs face when he is trying to figure out where the treat came from.
Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing, Full HD Wifi Pet Camera and 2-Way Audio, Designed for Dogs, Works with Amazon Alexa (As Seen On Ellen)