Frankincense has healing properties and helps you feel better. The cold fighting properties of Frankincense include astingent, antii-inflammatory,antiseptic and expectorant. It is very helpful in helping to clear mucus from the lungs when diffused. It also helps reduce the anxiety that goes along with colds and flu. So what are some of the recipes or ways to use Frankincense when you are expierences the miseries of colds and flu?
1. Take a hot bath to reduce the aches and pains and the steam will help with congestion. I also use it in a hot shower for the steam decongests.
* 2 drops of Frankincense essential oil
* 1 drop of Eucalyptus Oil
* 2 drops of Orange essential Oil
Mix the oils into the bath water. I start with very hot water and add the essential oils for the steam and then wait until the water cools a bit to take a bath
Add several drops of Frankinsense essential oil to a bowle of hot water or use the blend of Frankinsense, Orange and Eucalytus oils. Blend the oils in the hot water
* Place a towel over your head, lean over the bowl and inhale the steam
* Repeat several times a day and right before bed to aid in reducing congestion and headaches.
* Soak a washcloth in water, wring out and add a few drops of Frankinsense Essential Oil to the cloth.
* You may want to also add Euclyptus to help with reducing congestion.
* Do you have a headache? If so add a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil.
* Place the washcloth on your forehead, chest or back of your neck for relief.